After much consideration and with the "spread" metrics adjusted downward for Placer County by the State of California, your church council voted unanimously to resume worship services with mitigation on Sunday, September 20, 2020. We are very excited for this as it has been exactly six months since virtual services began in mid-March.
We had considered outdoor worship, though with the smoke, churches have been closing their outdoor services. Noting that worshiping outside only gained us about five spots for attendance, we opted for using the indoor, in-person worship guidelines distributed by the California Department of Public Health (25% of total capacity or 100 people, whichever is less).
We will continue to stream the services live, now on YouTube. The stream will begin at 9:00 and end when the service is over. If your health is compromised or have any concerns about gathering in a group, please join in the live-stream. The Sunday, September 20th service will be here: https://tinyurl.com/
We do not anticipate hitting our capacity of 35 people for worship (including the balcony), though this is our maximum capacity allowed for indoor gatherings. If Placer county moves down another level, we will be able to have 70 people present.
If you plan to attend:
- Print and fill out the screening form ahead of time to make your arrival more efficient. We will have copies if you cannot print at home.
- Print the order of worship/bulletin ahead of time to reduce the handling of materials in person. We will have copies if you cannot print at home.
- Bring communion elements if you would like to participate (bread/cracker and the juice of your choice). We will have elements available if you'd like.
- Bring a mask and wear it for the entire service. We will have disposable masks available if you do not bring one and you will be asked to wear it.
- Prepare to wait a few moments to be seated as the usher will queue families to be seated.
- Be aware of your surroundings and keep six feet apart from others. "Air" high fives and peace signs are acceptable for greetings.
- Refrain from singing or completing responsive readings, the musicians and pastor will read all readings and responses. Our Lord hears the songs and prayers in our hearts.
- There will be no fellowship after the service, please refrain from gathering in the sanctuary and move conversations outside.
- Be flexible - it may not be church as you are used to, though we hope that as things change in the coming weeks and months we will be able to add more familiar items back into the service.
- Pray for your church council and the volunteers who will be coordinating and cleaning before, during, and after the service.
More information will be forthcoming with the screening forms, bulletin to print, and a reminder link to the livestream. Please let me know if you have any questions.
The guidelines we will be following for mitigation are here:
Peace to you, and please pray for me!